Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The beauty of Online Learning

Online learning is the process of learning that takes place on the computer screen over the Internet. A learner does not need any specific class time to attend or follow since lectures are posted online by the Instructor. The work required is a lot less compared to a regular course. I did not realize it until I started taking the course known as Education4766 (Web based learning). The completion of this course will be no less than achieving an Online Degree since it has taught me to contact the teacher and fellow students in the class by emailing and blogging. Our Instructor posts all the project outlines and deadlines for submission on the web, we access it and work accordingly. The best part is it helps me to save a lot of time that I get to spend on my other courses because I do not require to discuss matters with my classmates as all the materials are attached and posted on the class website. It is an excellent process of learning.

The beauty of Online learning fascinates me so much that I had decided to desgin a website based on the topic of Online Learning. This website was created as an assignment for Education 4766 in Fall 2007. The website discusses Online communication and assessment tools.
Here is the link to my website: http://people.uleth.ca/~ahmed.biswas/Publicationhome.htm


The usefulness and flexibility of Online Education are discussed in the movie that I have attached below. Listen to what some of the teachers have to say about online learning. Visit : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ESqMeZGQKw

No comments: