Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Webquest is a unique idea.

In all honesty, Webquest is something that I was not very familiar with all this time until I did my recent Assignment for Education 4766. I have visited several webquests and found out that it is actually more precise than a website that can be used for teaching students.In my opinion a webquest is just like an online blackboard where the teacher puts everything that their students need to learn. The only difference is information and learning materials are being put on the web instead of being written on the board.I think a teacher can use webquesting without even writing anything on the board.All they need is a domain name or a permanent web host so that they can keep updating their webquest from time to time.I think it is a unique idea and it looks more legitimate than a website because it does not contain useless links. Webquest is a very decent source for teaching students and 100% legitimate for students of any age.It is cool.It is unique.

Here are the five basic constituents of a webquest that I learned from my assignment last week.
1) Introduction
2) Task
3)Process
4)Evaluation
5)Conclusion

To view an example ,visit this webquest:
http://oncampus.richmond.edu/academics/education/projects/webquests/genes/

No comments: